- Click Here for the 2016 Checklist.
- Click Here for the 2016 Count Information
- Click Here for the Optional Half Page Guide
- Click Here the Participant Form
- Click Here for the Rare Bird Form
- Click here to for the Ten Year CBC History
Thank you to everyone who participated in the December 2016 Christmas Bird Count! In the Hilton Head count circle, we had a 253 participants. We counted 130 species and 25,353 birds. The updated 10-year CBC Report is available by clicking on the item above.
The 2016 count was the 117th Annual Audubon Christmas Bird Count. This is the longest running Citizen Science survey in the world, providing critical data on bird population trends. You can read more about the Christmas Bird Count on the National Audubon website:
The 2017 Count for the Hilton Head area will be announced later this year. We usually count on a day on or near the beginning of the count period, which begins on December 14th. We spread out across Hilton Head and Daufuskie Islands, parts of Bluffton and our waterways to identify species and count each bird we see in our 15-mile diameter circle.
Contact: Susan Murphy