- Click Here for the 2017 Checklist.
- Click Here for the 2017 Count Information
- Click Here for the Optional Half Page Guide
- Click Here the Participant Form
- Click Here for the Rare Bird Form
- Click here to for the Ten Year CBC History
The 2017 Count was held on Friday, December 15, for the Hilton Head area. We spread out across Hilton Head, Daufuskie and Pinckney Islands, parts of Bluffton and our waterways to identify species and count each bird seen or heard in our 15-mile diameter circle. (Last year there were over 2,500 count circles in the Western Hemisphere!)
Our report has been submitted to the Regional Editor for review. Here are the numbers we submitted:
2017 Birds: 24,665
2017 Species: 139
We counted more species than last year and almost the same number of birds. We had about the same number of field parties (70) as in recent years. We had 292 participants: 213 field observers plus 79 feeder watchers. This is an increase of 30 feeder watchers over last year!
You can read more about the count in the January Ecobon and in the upcoming February issue.
The updated 10-year History of the count, by species, is available above.